How to open photos
inPixio offers multiple ways to open pictures and navigate your folders with ease. You can quickly access recent images and save favorite folder locations. There are also sample images that you can use for editing practice.
Here are 3 ways to open a photo:
1. Opening a photo from the start screen
On the start screen, there are 3 options for opening a photo:
- Click Open and choose a photo from your files.
- Select Recent Files to view photos that you have recently edited. Click on a photo to open it.
- Select Samples to view a selection of practice images. Click on a photo to open it.
2. Opening a photo from the main interface
To open a new photo from within the workspace, go to the top left-hand menu:
- Click open to select a photo from your folders.
- Click open a recent file to go directly to a recently edited picture.
3. Using the filmstrip to open a picture
The filmstrip lets you navigate folders on your PC from within the main interface. It displays all the photos in your selected folder as thumbnails.
- Click on a photo in the filmstrip to open it in the workspace.
You can change the folder and access different images using the icons or the address bar.
- The left and right arrows take you back to your previous folder or forwards to your most recent folder.
- The vertical arrow takes you up one level in your folders.
- The address bar shows your current folder location, and lets you move between locations at each level of the folder address, using the small arrows.
- The folder icon opens a Windows explorer so that you can choose a new folder to display.
Tip: you can also use the filmstrip to filter and organize your images
Creating a favorite location
The Star icon is the favorites button. This adds your current folder location to your list of favorites. Clicking on the arrow next to the star brings up the list of your favorite locations, for quick access.
To learn more quickly and for lots more tips and tutorials, join our Facebook group!